Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sketch 2

Previously...in the Premise for Sketch 2...

I was talking about my unusual attraction to Lady Gaga's music. And now, the not-so-amazing conclusion. All that I can guarantee is that there's going to be a meaning, whether you see it or not.

I'm pretty sure I was 18 when it happened. I was talking to a friend of mine from Kansas on the phone (who soon became a disappointing loss of a friend since he turned out to be someone completely different from who he said he was), and at the same time I was compulsively pacing, weaving in and out of my room and my parents' room, my feet sinking into the fuzzy brown carpet.

I occasionally stood still in my parents' room, chatting away while I fiddled with some of mom's jewelry and various other shiny things. I can't exactly recall everything that we talked about, but I'm pretty sure my friend was talking about life at high school and how it was hard and blah, blah, blah. I felt my way around the room, fiddling with the usual stuff: a thick glove without a mate, one of Dad's knives, and many other knick-knacks and do-dads. I think it was during that time that said friend told me about a live performance by Lady Gaga on Dancing with the Stars.

Now, at first, I was excited, and I ran upstairs to the "man cave," as it's called, and sat down to watch the show. It took a while of watching stars I either didn't know or didn't care for jumping around a ballroom with their legs in the air for me to finally get to the main show. I likely bounced myself back and forth on the home gym that no one ever uses while I was waiting for the actual "show" to start.

As I watched the dancers and waited impatiently for the live performance, I thought to myself. What the hell has this crap done to me, I thought, I'm sitting upstairs in a stuffy room waiting to watch a pop star perform on...Dancing with the Stars! I mean, really, if it were any other show it might be different, but...THIS?! These thoughts floated about my head for a few minutes, and then Lady Gaga came on and the world kind of disappeared for about four minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Once again awesome job. Great Details! I like how you brought dialog to the story.

    ReplyDelete